Saturday, August 11, 2012

My top 12 summer 2012 songs!

With Summer coming to an end, I was just like, "what the hell" I might as well post my favorite songs for summer of 2012. I had a ton, considering spotify is my best friend, but these were my all time favorite. Counting them down from 12 to 1, my favorite summer 2k12 songs.


#12: Off to the Races by Lana Del Rey - I got hooked on Lana Del Rey quite a while ago, buying her album for my kindle. This was definitely my favorite song of hers, I ended up making a whole music video in my head.


#11: Top of the World by The Cataracs/DEV - This song is such a party/let's get high song, with a catchy beat, which is basically what they do in the music video, haha.



#10: Suspension by Lights - Now may I just point out my favorite songs for this summer each (to me anyways) have a unique and entrancing beat. This song by Lights has a more electronic beat, what really gets me is the chorus.

#9: D.A.N.C.E. by Justice - Honestly, a great song with a catchy beat. I got hooked on it when I first heard it on Just Dance. (pathetic, I know)

#8: Weightless by All Time Low - Now this song definitely has a more meaningful message. They tell you that you should still pick yourself up, cause even if there are a few bumps along the road, everything will work out in the end. 

#7: Hot Air Balloon by Owl City - Now I've been jammin' to this feel good beat ever since myspace was still relevant, and it's not any different now. I'm a big fan of Owl City.

#6: Time Travel by Never Shout Never - This song has a message, now if I felt like thinking about it, I'd explain it to you. The best thing you could do is search it for yourself, and interpret however you please.

#5: Mirror by Lil Wayne/Bruno Mars - I know it may sound weird, but I listen to this song when I'm doing really well and I know how I'm portraying by self is false. I absolutely love how this song builds in a crescendo, rather than just start with a bam. For the longest time though, I ONLY like a cover version of this song, by Rama Writes.

#4: Feel so Close by Calvin Harris - Although this song is literally just the same verse/chorus repeated over and over, I don't care, I love it.

#3: Good Time by Owl City/Carly Rae Jepsen - Not nearly as annoying as "Call Me Maybe" this song is, like said, all about having a good time.

#2: So Good by B.o.B - I literally listened to this song on repeat for a whole day this summer. I can't explain it, I just love it. The beat is so uplifting. The music video is a let down though.

#1: Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine - By far my favorite song of the the summer, such raw talent and vocals. When I first heard it I was like "whoa, I'm not sure if I like this" so it does take some getting used to. I love closing my eyes and listening to this.




1 comment:

  1. You have such a great music taste! I love all of those songs especially So good bt B.o.B! :)

    p.s. Feel free to check out my fashion blog,
    if you have time! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete